Orbi App Setup
Wondering how to setup orbi router with orbi app? Don’t worry you will find the answer for orbi router setup via orbi app in this guide. Go through the following sections and learn more about orbi app installation.
To get better Wi-Fi everywhere, you should get a Netgear Orbi wifi system. Netgear orbi Wi-Fi delivers supreme wireless connectivity. To get better, fast, and reliable wifi coverage in every corner, you must complete the orbi router setup. The Netgear Orbi app makes it easy to set up and customize your Orbi Wi-Fi system.
How orbi app works?
With the Netgear orbi app installation, you can complete the configuration of Orbi router within a few steps. You just need to connect your mobile device to orbi network and the app will walk you through the rest. Once you complete the orbi router setup, you can use the orbi app to pause the internet on the connected devices. You can run a quick internet speed test. You can use Netgear orbi app to setup parental control and much more.
How to setup orbi router with orbi app?
Before you can attempt orbi router setup via orbi app, you need to go through some initial steps. You need to complete the hardware setup of orbi router.
- Unplug the modem from the power source. Remove the batteries.
- Plug the battery back in.
- You need to take an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the one end of the cable into the modem.
- Connect the second end of the cable into the back of the orbi router.
- Next, you need to connect the orbi router to the power source.
- Press the ON/ OFF button on orbi router to turn it on.
Follow the steps for Netgear orbi app installation
- Download the Netgear orbi app on your Smartphone.
- The app is available for Android and iOS devices.
- Find and locate the orbi network and connect to it.
- Go back to open your orbi app.
- Click ‘New system setup’
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Select your orbi wifi system from the list.
- The app will walk you through the hardware connection.
- Click ‘next’ once done.
- You need to connect to the orbi wifi network.
- Go to the ‘Wi-Fi settings’ on your mobile device.
- An orbi router login screen will appear.
- Create a new orbi account if you don’t have an existing one.
- Provide the email address and password.
- Tap on the sign in button.
- The app will now guide you to sync your orbi router to the satellite.
- Now, you will be asked to change the orbi router credentials.
- You can change the admin password.
- You can customize the orbi wireless settings.
- Change the wifi network name and password.
- After changing the wifi settings, go back to your phone’s wifi settings.
- Reconnect to your new wifi network.
- Enter the password of your orbi network.
- Go back to orbi app. The app will inform you if a new firmware if available.
- Click on it to download.
- Now, you will be taken to the status page. Click ‘save’ to confirm.
- Click ‘finish’ to complete the setup process.
These were the steps required for orbi router setup using the Netgear orbi app. However, sometimes, you might face issues with your orbi app. You can go through some tips to resolve orbi router not working issue.
- Make sure that your Smartphone’s operation system meets the minimum requirement.
- Android device: Android version 5.0 or higher
- Apple device: IOS version 11 or higher
- Ensure that you have a good internet connection.
- orbi Ultra and Pro 3 camera: 4 Mbps
- All other security camera: 1 Mbps
- If you experience frequent crashes on orbi app, try installing the app and re-install it.
- Make sure multiple apps are not running in the background
- If possible, try stopping or turning off other apps that are running if your orbi app crashes.
This guide included information on how to setup orbi router with orbi app. If you need helpregarding Netgear orbi app installation, you c contact our technical experts and ask for their help. Our technicians are available round the clock to help you with it. Call them on their toll-free number. Do a live chat with our team.